Quality Assurance Manager
Finaeo is a high-growth insurtech startup helping people get the insurance coverage they need to protect their families, by building technology for insurance advisors. We provide insurance advisors with free front-office tools and on-demand support to make it easy for advisors to find the right level of coverage for everyone. Our vision is to be the Stripe of the insurance industry.
As Quality Assurance manager, you will be responsible for leading the design, testing, automation, and deployment of Finaeo’s platform.
You will have an established background in testing and automating, customer-facing experiences, and have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
You have a strong end user focus and are obsessed with continuous quality improvement. You are experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for feature testing and regression. You are able to develop and drive high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. You are dedicated to the building of a strong and highly performing quality assurance process.
The areas of accountability are as follows:
- Develop a world class testing environment
- Track & reduce response times for bugs
- Reduce bugs per release on a consistently improving, and monitored basis, every sprint
Deliverable 1 – 3
- As Head of QA – Design, plan and execute system wide, and feature specific QA on an ongoing basis
- Be a voice of the Advisors on the team and help hone the end user experience through thoughtful testing and validation
- Work with the VP of Engineering to Improve the developer experience via automated pipelines that provide timely feedback and a seamless path to production
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the Finaeo product life cycle
- Identify gaps and drive improvements in processes, products and overall Advisor experiences.
- Represent team and drive initiatives cross-functionally
- Break down complex problems into elegant, testable pieces
- Maintain excited about technology, and continue to have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies
- You have ideally 4+ years working experience in QA
- You’ve been a key contributor or leader of a team that has shipped products people love
- You strive for greatness in the the QA Process
- You understand that sometimes there’s a need to be quick and scrappy
- Competitive comp and benefits
- The opportunity to shape the design practice at Finaeo
- Clearly defined professional development and growth opportunities